Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh Baby, it’s Monday! - Pressies for new mums

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.

* * *

I just visited a friend who had her baby a couple of weeks ago. Her little one is adorable. And she is coping incredible well with the lack of sleep. And good, but...
...her house is still full of pink flowers and pink teddy bears. Which leads me to the question: Can I make a wish list of things I want after I have given birth? Or is that too demanding?

picture from here

I don’t want flowers. I know everybody loves flowers, but, I ... aehm although I don’t mind them,... I just find them pretty smelly sometimes and they just fade away too quickly.

picture from here

I also don’t want fake bouquets made of cloth nappies. I know them are useful, but just not particularly special – keeping in mind the special occasion.

picture from here

I don’t want chocolates. Well, I love chocolate, but just not the truffles type that you often get as a present.

picture from here

I don’t want diamond rings. Well, not those chunky ones anyway. I cannot imagine that you can caress your precious newborn with such a big bling on your finger.


What I really want is...

picture from here

... some oysters

picture from here

... a glass of champagne

picture from here
... a huge sushi platter

picture from here
...and Tiramisu!

All the things I love. All the things I crave for. All the things I wasn’t allowed to eat and drink during the pregnancy – for breastfeeding these are obviously okay.

So hopefully, my love reads this post and remembers it in 4,5 months ;-).

No comments: