Thursday, February 4, 2010

A real treasure

oday I just wanted to spend the lunch break away from my desk. Take a little walk. Enjoy the cool breeze that came with the rain in the morning. Get something to eat at the lovely bars surrounding South Melbourne market. Have a look at the beautiful baby things on Coventry Street. Maybe find a birthday present for my lovely sister.

And then I found this...

... a wonderful antique kimono jacket.


Isn't it beautiful?

What amazing fabrics!

What special colours!

What great attention to detail! What excellent condition!



I will wear it as a light summer jacket, instead of a blazer to less formal business meetings.

I might have to add something to fasten it - maybe one big button?

Or a broad obi-style belt?


 That way it might fit me a bit longer despite of my ever-growing baby belly ;-).


Oh ... this is where I found my treasure:


Kura Warehouse, 276 Coventry Street, South Melbourne 

If you are into Japanese ceramics, fabrics and lacquerware like me and if you ever happen to be in the area (or close by) you definitely have to go there. They have beautiful things to absolutely amazingly affordable prices. Great for gifts to your loved ones. Or occasionally to yourself ;-)

No comments: