Thursday, April 1, 2010

Honeymoon Escape

At the beginning of each month I want to show you places where I’d rather be at that very moment. As you know I am constantly either travelling or dreaming of travelling and I want to share my favourite bars, restaurants, hotels, cities and countries around the world with you. And I am looking for your recommendations for my next trips.
* * *

After a busy week like the last one, I always feel like wanting to escape to a lonely island. I have to admit I haven’t been to many secluded islands, yet, but one of the most relaxing places I have ever been was definitely Palau Rebak. A little isle off Langkawi, an island in the north of Malaysia close to the boarder to Thailand.

Andi and I spent our honeymoon there. And boy, we needed a good rest to recover from our big party and the emotional time in Germany. It turned out that we were really lucky with our choice. It is my favourite honeymoon destination EVER. Exotic. Relaxing. Quiet. Luxurious. Romantic. Secluded. What else would you want on this special trip?

Beach life – fresh fruit, a thrilling book, a deckchair in the shade, crystal blue water, little pirate island in view, little crabs running around on the bright beach...

Malaysian style architecture – dark wooden structures, high ceilings, rotating fans, water features, light blinds in the wind, exotic flowers everywhere...

Rainforest background – lush greenery all around, huge palm trees, blue skies, shallow sea, empty beach, little monkeys stealing food...

Where: Rebak Island, off Langkawi Island, Malaysia

Highlight: Sitting in the traditional long house, sipping cocktails, playing backgammon and watching the tropical rain washing down all the heat and humidity of the day before having a beautiful dinner with traditional Malaysian dishes...

More photos, information and ideas: Rebak Island Resort, Langkawi

No comments: