Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beautiful Bride

On Wednesdays I share everything wedding with you: tips, projects, organisation, photos, faux-pas, fun things and golden rules I ‘learned’ from my own wedding. I feel I need to give something back to the fabulous blog community who helped me stay sane and enjoy every second of my ‘big day’.
* * *
Although I really had to look at my budget and tried not to go overboard, there is one real luxury I splurged on and I am so glad I did: a hair- and make-up artist. It gave me so much confidence that right before my big entrance there would be someone who could get rid of my stress pimples and cover my hot flushes.

My best friend highly recommended Gundula from Zauberhaft Schoen,who had done the hair and make-up at her wedding. And I couldn’t agree more with her. Gundula is not only a professional make-up artists, she is also the nicest person you can think of. Just the type of person you want to have around you in the exciting hours prior to your big event.

I booked the full package which included a get-to-know-session, a preparation session two days prior to the wedding and the final styling on the day.

In the get-to-know session, we not only did that. We also looked at tons of inspiration photos for hair and make-up, which I brought with me. And we discussed whether and how we could translate this inspiration into my very own style. We also played around with the headpiece, which was more a piece of veil with some sparkling barrettes. We laughed a lot. Tried different eye make-ups in various intensities. So in the end we knew what we wanted to achieve and I felt incredible beautiful and well-prepared.


Then two days prior to the wedding, we had our preparation meeting to colour my eye lashes and paint my finger nails. Since I wanted a very subtle almost transparent colour on my nails anyway, it didn’t harm to do it a bit in advance. On the contrary, it took extra stress out of the last minute preparations and I was really able to sit very relaxed and patiently and wait till the nail polish was thoroughly dry.

On the big day Gundula did everything right: she came to my friend’s place, where me, my sister and best friend shared the excitement, some giggling, some food and champagne, she was perfectly on time, she brought her amazing girl tool box, she was calm, funny, reassuring and she kept an eye on the clock to make sure that hair and make-up and thus the bride would be ready on time...



... and the result was simply stunning. Can you believe that I had a really bad allergic reaction with red blotches all over my face just an hour before this photo was taken? And they were hidden all day – despite 16 hours of laughing & crying, dancing & kissing. I felt a million bucks!

No comments: