Sunday, June 13, 2010

Australia – Germany

Wow! Difficult!

What do you do if you live in Australia? But are German?

Cheer for your current home country? Or for the country of your birth?

Difficult decision and I am glad that I am not the only one struggling to make it. Andrea is also still indecisive, but she made a very good point: it will be a win-win for all German Australia and all Australian Germany fans tonight.

I think I need to cheer for Germany. It is just too much of a tradition in my family. I still remember vividly how much I enjoyed watching the World Cup with my dad. It must have been 1982, because my sister and I were allowed to watch all German games on TV (and they made it to the final!). And my sister was still too small to correctly pronounce the name of our hero at the time: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge – she always referred to him as Rummeniggl ;-)

So, go Germany, go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hach wie toll noch eine mitleidende im boot zu haben :o) ich meine im grunde wissen wir ja, dass die socceroos keine chance haben (did i really just say that?!) umso besser ist es, dass wir noch ne zweite mannschaft zum mitfiebern haben. sonst wär's ja total öde...
wie berlin, munich? du etwa auch? ich ja andersrum von melbourne nach munich, nu berlin :o)
ich find's auch toll, dass wir uns gefunden haben!
liebe grüße und bis bald,
andrea

* Ninotschka * said...

I know - our friends here are still in denial, but I am afraid they really do not have a chance. I hope they play 3:1 which would be a great motivation boost for the down under blokes.