Monday, July 26, 2010

Travel Baby – mini trip

Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *

My lovely husband and I decided to do one more trip here in Australia. Although we have been to the Great Ocean Road a couple of times before, we still want to see it one more time. And show to our little one: the winding road, the wide beaches, the spectacular views, the wild Southern Ocean, the fresh wind, the yummy seafood and the best scones in the world.

So we will hit the road tomorrow. The Great Ocean Road is just a 2-hour-drive away, but still it feels like a big trip with a 2-months-old baby. Although I promised myself that I would be still spontaneous and travel a lot when I am a mum, I already discovered some differences.

Travelling without children:
Starting around noon – planned coffee stops – spontaneous hotel choice – double room – late checkout – carry-on luggage – walk at the beach – exploring the bush – change clothes – fine dining...

Travelling with children:
Starting early in the morning – spontaneous feeding stops – booking in advance – apartment – early checkout – car full of luggage – walk with the pram - exploring the baby facilities – change nappies – one-handed dining...

Although everything will be different, I cannot wait to start our first family trip tomorrow. How exciting! I will be back on Thursday with a report and some photos. Have a great week!

No comments: