Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bella, bella Umbria

At the beginning of each month I want to show you places where I’d rather be at that very moment. As you know I am constantly either travelling or dreaming of travelling and I want to share my favourite bars, restaurants, hotels, cities and countries around the world with you. And I am looking for your recommendations for my next trips.
* * *

It is cold and rainy in Melbourne.

I am terribly busy with getting organised for our move to Germany.

So I dream of Italy. Naturally ;-). Of a warm and sunny place. Of a peaceful place with the most amazing food: Umbria.

Last year we celebrated my mum’s 60th birthday in a wonderful villa in Umbria. Just 2 hours north of Rom.
The main villa and the pool to cool off from the midday heat

The amazing garden full of fragrant roses and rosemary hedges

A beautiful decal in the former stable

Where: Villa Zuccari, Località San Luca - 06036 Montefalco (Pg) Italy
Tel: +39.0742.399.402, Fax: +39.0742.399.194,

Highlight: la dolce vita, the history and culture in every little village and town nearby, the food!!!

More photos, information and ideas: Villa Zuccari, Assisi , Spoleto, Umbrian Cusine

No comments: