Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Cards

Since time seems to fly – especially at this time of the year – and the deadline for sending pressies to my Australian friends passed without me even noticing it (shame on me!!!). Therefore I decided to send at least nice Christmas cards. Or nice Christmas emails at the very least. VERY nice personal Christmas cards ;-)

So we need a photo. Because it is Vic’s first Christmas. Because she grows so quickly. Because it will be a nice memory. And because we have to make up for the lack of pressies arriving on time.

BUT

We don’t have a recent family photo, which we could use.

AND

I generally close my eyes on 99% of all photos (even if I try hard not to - I think it is some kind of subconscious reflex ;-))))

AND

I have no idea how to make the photo look like us (and not like an advertising-style family)

Inspiration came, as so often, online:

Maybe a bit too silly?
found here

Maybe a bit too posh?
found here

Nice probs!
found here

Scary!
found here

Unbeatable!
found here

My favourites, however, are these two:

found here

found here

What nice, warm takes on the traditional family photo!

I have no idea whether our result will be half as nice as these, but we will give it a ‘shot’ anyway. So fingers crossed that my lovely husband has fully charged the battery of our camera, that my little one is in a good mood and patient, because we will need lots of tries to get one with my eyes open. Or we will end up taking one with my eyes closed – which would look more like us anyway ;-)

If we succeed today, I am going to show you our family shot tomorrow. If not, I will just avoid the topic and ramble on about something else ;-)

Wish me luck!

No comments: