Monday, December 27, 2010

Favourite toys of my 7-months-old


Every Monday I will post something related to babies: inspiration, craft projects, baby news, and discoveries I have made in this new and exciting world for me. I hope you come along on that rollercoaster ride with me.
* * *

Being a first-time mum, I struggled to find pressies for my little one’s first Christmas. There are so many things out there – beautiful and hideous ones (http://ninotschka13.blogspot.com/2010/12/pressies-for-little-ones.html) – and it is really hard to judge for me what babies or children of different ages like and what is more made for the mums and dads ;-).

So here is some inspiration. Things that my almost-7-months-old LOVES to play with:

You know things which are not toys in the first place are the BEST, e.g. a pack of tissues ... (what a beautiful quiet crackling sound, so good to hold, lightweight so it doesn’t hurt too bad when you hit yourself with the pack)

... or some plastic containers from the kitchen. Maybe filled with rice to make them even more fun. (something from the grownups, a bit bulky but sooo cool, such an unusual sound, soooo interesting)

From the ‘real’ toys this teething rattle is definitely top of the list... (good to hold, lightweight, so many interesting textures to explore with your hands and tongue, so colourful, a wonderful quiet rattling sound)

... and this cute squeaking bunny is also loved very much... (so good to hold by the arms or the body – even for clumsy little hands, so soft, so great to bite into – especially the body and the ears, so good to bash against the floor or the own body – without hurting yourself, makes funny sounds)

... and this book with different textures, cracking and squeaking noises and animals is also great entertainment. Especially if mum or dad makes the matching animal noises with the pictures. Muuuuuuhhhhhhhuuuuu! (good to eat, too and to try to turn the pages)

No comments: