Thursday, December 23, 2010

My favourite Christmas CD

One of my favourite Christmas traditions in my family is that my siblings and I are decorating the tree on the 24th. First we pick up all the Christmas decoration boxes from the basement, then a huge discussion starts about the style and the colour code of this year’s tree, then my naughty brother sneaks some hideous decorations onto the tree, which I try to prevent, while my sister is on the phone, trying to organise some Christmas drinks with friends, then there is bit of dispute who has to clean the old wax out of the candle holders (yes we still have real candles and never had a fire despite 4 little kids over the years), ... and in the background this CD plays:

unfortunartely only in German

The story about two little mice who celebrate Christmas with their family and Katinka, the cat, is just heart-warming and it is long enough to finish the tree decorations.

No comments: