Friday, June 10, 2011

A Casual Christening – The Day

I love parties! I love to go to parties! I love to throw them! I think there are many things to celebrate, not only birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and Easter. Therefore I now dedicated my Friday posts to parties: to creative party invitations, to easy-to-make party food, to party decorations that make all the difference...  I hope you feel inspired by the festive atmosphere on Fridays and celebrate many small and big events.

 Last week was the Christening of my little one and it was a beautiful celebration: the weather was amazingly sunny and warm. My little one was in her best mood: well-rested and social and she even allowed the priest to water her head and to put her hands on her head.
The service took place on the lawn outside the church St.Elisabeth in Berlin, which created such a special and casual atmosphere: kids were running around, birds were singing, a band was playing chants and the sun was warming our heads.
Afterwards we went to our favourite restaurant Nola’s , where we have also celebrated our wedding 2,5 years ago. We were sitting outside on one long table which I LOVE for the very reason I already mentioned here. We had a brunch buffet which meant that everyone could get whatever, whenever and how much she or he wanted. I can only recommend a buffet both for brunch and dinner, if you are after a casual party and if you want your guest to mingle and not only talk to the people they already know.
Ah, I am still indulging in the memories of this wonderful day! Hope you have a great party or celebration coming up soon as well!

No comments: