Friday, June 17, 2011

A Double Baby Shower– Inspiration


I love parties! I love to go to parties! I love to throw them! I think there are many things to celebrate, not only birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and Easter. Therefore I now dedicated my Friday posts to parties: to creative party invitations, to easy-to-make party food, to party decorations that make all the difference...  I hope you feel inspired by the festive atmosphere on Fridays and celebrate many small and big events.
My friend N. is expecting twins. Although baby showers don’t really have tradition in Germany, we still decided that we want to celebrate that she will soon be a mum of twins. Therefore I am currently trying to organise a baby party with a difference. No embarrassing games. Not just throwing presents at the mum to be. Just a lovely afternoon with all the girls, yummy food, baby task, ultrasound-picture admiring, tummy rubbing,...
I don’t know whether it’s a mum’s thing or a female thing, but I just get really excited when it comes to babies nowadays. So if you don’t feel the same, I strongly recommend that you skip this post and the posts on the next Fridays. Because I just cannot stop myself from telling you all about the details. ;-(
N. is calling the little ones snowflakes, because although they will be similar, they are also unique. I think this is beautiful and therefore I already made up my mind that snowflakes will be the theme of the baby party. Although it is June and therefore mid of summer in Berlin ;-) After setting the theme, I started to do some online research and these are my favourite ideas:
Onesies used as decoration (and present at the same time)
Idea and picture found here  

Wooden baby blocks as labels
Idea and picture found here  

Pairs of animals
Idea and picture found here

3D paper snowflake
Picture and tutorial found here

 Snowflake cookies
Idea and picture found here

 Snowflake garland
Idea and picture found here

 White flowers
Idea and picture found here

Well, let’s see how much of this fabulous inspiration I will be able to realise, but I give it a go anyway ;-)

No comments: