Friday, February 24, 2012

5 things to make a 36-year-old happy (or at least me ;-))

I promised you a happier post – and here it is. Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, my little one feels much better and I am my positive self again. Hurray!

I hope you are happy, too, and if not maybe I can inspire you with 5 things that made my very happy at my 36th birthday:

Black Forest Cake – my absolute favourite! I could have eaten the whole cake, but fortunately (for my hips) I shared it with my loved ones

Yummy ‘Emperors Dream’ tea – I don’t know what I like more: the pyramid-shaped organza tea bags or the green box with delicate birds.

Lots of colourful birthday cards from my friends near and far – life would not be half as nice without you.

Lots of new books – well , if my little one wouldn’t be sick, I would have finished them by now ;-)

Going out with my lovely husband – all by ourselves with the grandparents looking after the little one, drinks, food, comedy,... perfect!

6 comments:

toadstooldots said...

Nice to hear you are better :-)
Happy Birthday and have a great day out!

oh-mimmi said...

Alles Liebe zum Geburtstag!
Ich hab mein 37. Lebensjahr vor etwas mehr als einem Monat begonnen und bin bis jetzt sehr zuversichtlich, daß es ein positives wird. Das wünsche ich Dir auch!!!

Christel

* Ninotschka * said...

Thanks a lot, lovely! It was a wonderful day indeed! *** Vielen Dank, meine Liebe! Herzlichen Glückwunsch nachträglich und auf unser grandioses 2012!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,

meant to send you greets from Echidna since quite a while :-o (and keep you 'under control' - which I didn't do very well either :-o) so very sorry!

Stumbling across your birthday-posting hence made me sweat a tad due to this failed task .

Yet - in true Echidna manner: happy birthday (from both of us; me representing both, please) and gradually get started to throw away all age documenting papers; keeps happier in the long run ;-) :-D

Greets,
Gerlinde

Good luck with the little ones

Anonymous said...

;-) ;-)

Keine weiteren Geburtstage o.ae. in der Familie fuer einen neueren Kuchen ? ;-) Alles o.k. ?

Liebe Gruesse,
Gerlinde
(ich glaube, Du kennst so'n aehnlichen Satz ;-) !)

* Ninotschka * said...

Gerlinde, dass du immernoch vorbeischaust. Ich freue mich. Und schäme mich, weil ich mich so lange nicht mehr gemeldet habe. Das liegt eher dran das momentan so viel in meinem Leben passiert, dass ich mit dem Bloggen nicht mehr hinterherkomme. Aber keine Sorge nichts Schlimmes, nur viel. Aber ich werde dank dir meine Bloggingpause jetzt wirklich bald unterbrechen und euch über Geburtstage, Hochzeiten und die anderen schönen Dinge des Lebens auf dem Laufenden halten.